· If your cake recipe requires nuts, heat them first in the oven, then dust with flour before adding to the batter to keep them from settling to the bottom of the tin.
· Biscuits will spread if your dough is too pliable from allowing butter to get too soft. If your biscuits are spreading too much, try refrigerating the dough for a couple of hours before baking.
· Biscuit dough can be frozen up to three months in an airtight container or refrigerated three to four days.
· Let biscuits cool completely before storing. Store different types of biscuits in separate containers so they'll keep their original flavour and texture.
· Coat cherries in flour before adding to cakes to stop them sinking to the bottom.
· Store half an apple in your cake tin and the cake will retain it's freshness longer.