· Microwave a lemon for 15 seconds to double the juice you get before squeezing.
· Lemons stored in a sealed jar of water will produce twice the juice.
· Place ‘green’ fruits in a perforated plastic bag. The holes will allow air to circulate while retaining the ethylene gas which fruits produce during ripening.
· When picking a melon, smell it for freshness and ripeness. Check to see that the fruit is heavy in weight and that the spot on the end, where it has been plucked from the vine, is soft.
· When cooking any kind of strawberry dessert, add a splash of aged Balsamic Vinegar to the recipe to enhance the flavour of the strawberries. We recommend Mungo Deli’s essentials range.
. Store bananas with your unripe avocados - they help to hasten the ripening.