Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about making really tasty pizzas.......
- Cheese, cheese and cheese! ie add 3 or 4 different cheeses but steer clear of strong cheddar and other high fat, hard cheeses as they overpower the pizza and make it greasy, too. Mozzarella, Gruyere, Dolcelatte and Parmesan work very well.
- Chicken and Mushroom - Don't be boring! Use great big Portobello mushrooms, or some of the wonderful and unusual mushrooms available in the supermarkets today. Also, try using spicy chicken, tandoori chicken or marinated chicken to add a new dimension.
- Proscuttio, Ricotta, and Olives - speaks for itself
- Sun-dried Tomatoes, Basil and Pesto
- Fresh Herbs - add your cheese first, then sprinkle freshly chopped mixed herbs on top - oregano, parsley, basil and mint would be a good combo.
- Roasted Vegetables - Roast a selection of veg first, then add to the prepared base to finish off - courgettes, red onion, celery, peppers & carrots would be great!
- Bacon & Spinach - Chopped dry cure bacon with torn spinach leaves
- Pepperoni, Onion & Jalapeno peppers - hot and spicy!
We've seen some fab ideas on a great recipe website - check out the pizza combo ideas on GreatPartyRecipes.com