• 1.5kg boneless gammon joint
• 7-8 cloves
• Juice of 1 orange
• 50ml liquid honey
Pre-heat oven to 200C, Gas
· Place the gammon in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring slowly to the boil then discard the water and rinse the joint. Cover with fresh cold water and bring to the boil again. Reduce the heat and cover the pan then simmer very gently for an hour.
· Drain the gammon then carefully cut the skin off the joint and score the fat in a diamond pattern. Place the meat in a small roasting tin and stud the top with cloves.
· Mix the orange rind and juice with the honey and pour this over the joint, brushing the liquid over the sides as you do so.
· Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the fat is golden brown. Baste the gammon frequently during cooking.
· Serve hot or cold. If serving the joint cold, continue to baste it with the glaze as it cools.